Below are some reflection questions, which we used in the 30 Day Engagement challenge for National Indigenous History Month. I’ve used these with teams as a lighthearted way to connect authentically – and introduce Indigenous ways of knowing – in virtual settings.
They are centred around the four key areas of the medicine wheel: the Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual aspects of ourselves. I would recommend grounding these for participants by sharing some of your knowledge of the medicine wheel.
- How are you doing today physically? Please share an emoji.
- What is your favourite way to stay moving in these times? Feel free to recommend social media accounts that inspire you!
- Thinking about our connection to others, who is one person you’re grateful for this week? If you’re open to sharing, please share why!
- Spiritual: Thinking about your connection to all living things, what’s your favourite tree or flower?
- Our brains are pretty “on” all day. What is one way you relax your mind at the end of the day so you rebuild your thinking capacity?
- What is one thing you do to relax your mind on the weekend that any of us could do?
- Thinking about showing acceptance and love for ourselves, what is one word to describe your favourite quality about yourself?
- Which of the 4 areas (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual) are you doing well in?
Looking for a workshop from us related to these topics? Check out our Learning page for more.
If you have other ideas, feel free to comment them below to add to this list!
Like what you see?
Buy us a coffee